Thursday, May 21, 2009

memory

Memory can play false for anyone. The mind can create its own story, its own pictures. I fear that if Ash keeps repeating HER story, it will become the only truth she will know. I have a sister who is just like that. Some people can convince themselves of anything. Its heart-breaking because no matter what you try to say to them....they cannot hear you anymore.
I have a story...she has a story...Which of us has ironed out the many wrinkles that made the landscape of our life together ? Which of us has changed the whole fabric of our lives?

3 comments:

  1. Mom, I asked you when pregnant with Jeffrey to talk to a therapist about your problems. You refused then. I'm telling you now, you will not see your grandchildren until you have been in therapy at least 6 months. Given the recent events, I do not, nor does anyone else I know, find that unreasonable. I am willing to attend therapy with you after solo 8 visits.

    For all of your talk about my supposed Bi-Polar disorder or even whisperings of me being a Pathological Liar, Clinically Depressed- I have a $1,275 piece of paper that says I have minor depression issues (Axis 1 - Adjustment Disorder with Depressed Mood) likely stemming from the situation at the time, -not- a single personality disorder nor a mood disorder nor a chemical imbalance.

    Considering you fed my husbands paranoia and unfounded fears which caused considerable emotional damage to myself, my children... in your current state, you are a danger to me and my family.

    Talk to your father about counseling. I am sure you can convince him to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You responded in Facebook with-

    'Give me the name of your person you had evaluate you. No sense in me going to someone you will say you dont like or trust... Besides, what is my problem anyway.? Exactly what do I tell someone I need help with ?'

    It doesn't really matter who you see. I would suggest someone local, expense should also be taken into consideration. As for what is your 'problem', I am not a professional. You need to establish yourself with a therapist, work through your own issues and only then can you and I begin working together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia M. DeBarr
    June 17 at 12:58pm
    Thank God you are around to sensor and judge me !!! Who knows what I might be like, if you werent around to mete out appropriate punishment for my failings. .....By the way..Was it a democratic vote or dictatorship that gave you the throne you sit upon ?


    Ashley Swift
    June 17 at 1:21pm
    Hasn't the fact that he deletes all of your comments told you something yet?


    Cynthia M. DeBarr
    June 17 at 2:54pm
    Yes.....Im just suprised he hasnt deleted you yet


    Cynthia M. DeBarr
    June 17 at 3:04pm
    Since I will no longer be able to see pictures of the kids...there is no sense in me keeping this face book account. Good by Ash.. I hope you have everything you want.

    ----------------------------


    It's dialog like this that prevents you from seeing your grandchildren. You are not behaving like other adults. I do not want to teach my children how to behave like this.

    ReplyDelete